Good Morning from the New Conference Director - by K. Hill

I want to thank each of you first of all for your patience while Erika and I swapped the reins for the WCCC.  

I am excited (yes, still excited after being thrown into the fire) to be the new WCCC Conference Director for each of you and your teams. A little about myself, I raced road after watching my Husband race for years (he started as a juniors racer when he was 12), I started later in life and loved it. While getting ready to upgrade from a cat 3 to a 2, my youngest Son who is 14 and a cat 3 now, decided he wanted to race and he joined our local team, Davis Bike Club Race Team which was falling apart due to needing a new director. I volunteered 4 years ago to be a helper to keep the team going and yes you guessed it, I ended up being that director and was not able to 100% focus on my racing and the teams 100% so I gave up what I was doing to concentrate on juniors on bicycles and racing. So I coach and direct a squad of 19 juniors. I race CX and Mtn bikes in my spare time. Since then, my Daughter decided to race as well a few years ago, she is now 13 and was chosen as one of three development riders for Vanderkitten for 2014, she helped run registration at UCSC on Sunday so some of you may have met her. My Son is now on a development squad based in Folsom, Limitless Cycling. And yes, I am still running the local juniors program even though my kids moved on. I wear a lot of hats and am well connected which I feel will help me with the WCCC and each of you. This is my 3rd year on the NCNCA board of directors, currently I am the Junior and Women's liaison for the racing community. I am also a licensed official so you will see me wear that hat as well. My real job, I am the General Manager of a screen print shop located in Davis. But I am very into cycling for the long haul! 

I am here to help each of you and your teams succeed, so if you need anything, please contact me. I have been sitting back and watching the races, permits, registrations and post event paperwork as well as results. We will be making some changes for next year and maybe a few for the race directors who still will be putting on races, more of organizational changes that will help race directors, myself and the results person. I am also going to work on strengthening/rebuilding the relationship with the NCNCA and the SCNCA. My first goal was to obtain a working computer and camera system for the WCCC that woudl be dedicated to use in the NCNCA races and they voted all in favor of purchasing us our own equipment to use at all of our NCNCA races! We will see what we can do in the SCNCA for these needs as well. So if you see a NCNCA board member (most likely an official, please thank them). 

I cannot thank Virginia enough for her help during this time, I am not sure I could do this without her, so thank you Virginia. 

While I try to transition my junior program around the WCCC races, I will not be able to be at all of them but will be at all of the ones I can. I met some of you Sunday and you are all so welcoming, so thank you. 

I produced some t-shirts and hoods as a fundraiser for the WCCC, we sold some at the UCSC race, look for them at Stanford next or you can buy them on-line, located on the WCCC website. The money raised goes back into your club so share the word and support the WCCC. 



Now on to the stuff you are really reading this for! Here are the results.... 

http://www.wcccycling.org/results.html 

UCSD, Cal Poly, and UCLA have all been updated and uploaded. 

Team and Individual will be posted soon. 

UCSC will be completed soon. And look for team and individual omnium (through to UCLA) by this afternoon. 

If you have any issues, questions or concerns, please direct them to myself, it's what I am hear for. You will still see Erika around but she is just a racer like yourselves. Erika did a great job and I still am asking her stuff so I thank her as well for her time she is putting in and has put in to the WCCC. 

For your planning purposes, here are the nationals allocations we have for this year: 

D1 - 

Team Qualifiers: 
1 - 7 RR 4 Crit 
2 - 6 RR 4 Crit 
3 - 5 RR 3 Crit 
4 - 4 RR 3 Crit 

Individual Qualifiers: 
The top 6 individuals who are not a part of a team that has qualified for RR The top 4 individuals who are not a part of a team that has qualified for the Crit (the crit course this year is a lot smaller than it was in Ogden so USAC is keeping the fields smaller for that race). 

D2 - 
1 - 5 RR 3 Crit 
2 - 4 RR 2 Crit 

Individual Qualifiers: 
The top 2 individuals who are not a part of a team that has qualified for RR 
The top 2 individuals who are not a part of a team that has qualified for the Crit. 

Thank you all again for your patience and I look forward to meeting each of you soon! Kristen

Comments

Popular Posts